We have a wide range of resources for you to borrow, including non-fiction and fiction books, objects, story sacks, DVDs and audio books. All are designed to help you to bring the curriculum to life in your classroom and to encourage a love of books and reading for pleasure. Take a look at our resources and useful links page to view our online catalogue and find out more about some of the resources which you can borrow.
Covid-19 Ordering and Delivery Guidance
- Our librarians can compile topic collections for you tailored to your requirements. These can be supplemented by audio visual items subject to availability
- Request any resources using our online request form or phoning 01606 275801.
- Subject to availability, resources will be delivered on your next scheduled delivery day.
- Current advice is that the virus can survive on plastic surfaces for up 72 hours therefore we recommend you quarantine deliveries for three days.
- We can arrange for readymade projects to be collected. If you would prefer this option, please indicate on the online request form or let us know when you phone. We will then arrange a collection time for you.
Covid-19 Collection Guidance
- If you have resources to be collected use our online collection request form or phone 01606 275801.
- One of our drivers will collect your resources on your next scheduled delivery day.
- We would be grateful if you could arrange for resources to be left by the school entrance.
You are welcome to visit ELS to select your own resources. We are open from 9am to 5pm during term time and 9am to 2pm during the holidays.
In order to maintain social distancing and keep all our staff and visitors safe, we have put in place the following procedures:
- you will need to book your visit in advance by phoning 01606 275801. We will take your name, school and contact number for Test and Trace purposes
- we will allocate you a 50 minute appointment starting on the hour, with a maximum of two visitors at any one time
- you will be able to book a double slot if there is enough capacity
- please come by yourself
- masks are to be worn in the building
- there will be no hot drinks available but you are welcome to bring your own
- if you need any help, we will allocate you a librarian for the duration of your visit
- please let us know if you are unable to come so that we can give your appointment to someone else